The DMRT3 gene has a strong impact on the performance of harness racing Finnhorses
The success of your horse depends on many different factors – the SynchroGait test enables you to identify one highly important genetic factor: a genetic predisposition for trotting at high speed. Research show that AA horses earn on average almost twice as much as the CA horses and five times as much as CC horses at the age of 3-6 years.
How can this test help you?
- You receive information about your horse’s genetic potential for even beat trotting at high speed
- Quicker progress in your breeding work
- Test a youngster for its genetic potential even before it has been trained
Research results in brief
- AA horses earn on average almost twice as much as the CA horses and five times as much as CC horses at the age of 3-6 years
- AA horses have higher breeding values (BLUP) than CA and AA horses
For more information IN FINNISH, click here.
Read more about SynchroGait® for other breeds here.